Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I have so much to be thankful for this year, including my family, friends, health, roof over my head, and a wonderful career… and of course my blogger friends! 🙂
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday for several reasons, including:
- Being able to celebrate with my extremely close extended family
- Our annual cousin/uncle Lewis football game
- My Aunt Mare’s highly addicting dessert
- Being thankful for everything live has dealt my way
- The Thanksgiving Day parade!
Okay, there are clearly other reasons, like the fake boxed stuffing and canned cranberry sauce. OH MY GOD, those 2 reasons are my REAL reasons why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! 😉
In preparation of all the yummy food coming my way, I woke up early to hit the gym for my run and my legs/arms workout.
This workout left me drenched, in fact, after my 4 mile run, I switched shirts since I wanted a dry shirt to do weights in.
By the end of my workout, I had 2 soaked tank tops and a soaked towel. Needless to say, I left in just my pants and zip-up hoodie, and then completed a little core work once I got home.
After my 4 mile run, I completed this workout that Heather, my trainer has me doing 3 days a week:
I followed it up with 10 minutes on the vertical elliptical and then completed the following core work while watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade.
- 1 minute plank hold and :30 seconds side planks each side
- 2 sets of 50 heel touchers
- 30 toe touchers
- 50 crunches and 50 side crunches, each side (total 150)
I followed up my workouts with my Chocolate Peanut Butter protein shake, and half a bowl of Raspberry Mango overnight oats with half of a grapefruit.
Now it’s time to get dolled up and go stuff my face with stuffing and canned cranberry sauce with my cousins at my Aunt ‘n Uncles!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!