Ever since Tina posted a recipe for Butternut White Chocolate Chip Bars on November 1st, I’ve been anxious to take a crack at her recipe. I finally had the free time and all of the necessary ingredients for the recipe, so I used my night off from P90X to bake this dessert bar last night. I stuck to Tina’s recipe for the most part but substituted the honey for maple syrup and doubled the amount of cinnamon since I was out of nutmeg.
All I have to say is that I hate myself for waiting 13 days to make it! These bars were chewy, sweet and didn’t even taste “healthy.” I felt good knowing that I was eating a healthy dessert when I more so felt like I was truly indulging.
White Choco-Chip Butternut Squares
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup mashed butternut squash
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook butternut squash and mash
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour the mixture into an 8X8 greased baking pan
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes
- Let cool and dig in.. okay if your name is Allie then eat them right away 😉
Makes 12 bars
So many choco-chips!
Make sure to steal a few tiny bites of the batter before popping into the oven. Wait, no, I didn’t tell you to do that! 😉
Grab a gooey square, or 5….
… and enjoy!
- Butternut Squash: 20 Ways (easypaleo.com)