So far 2013 has left me with a weird taste in my mouth, but after talking with several of my closest friends and family, I’m truly excited for the new year.
On that note, I’ve decided that 2013 is about 4 things. These 4 things aren’t resolutions. They’re simply goals that I’d like to accomplish, or start to accomplish.
- My Health
- Having Fun
The one thing 2013 will not be about is finding a guy or making dating a priority. If it happens, then thumbs up cool, but it’s one of the last priorities I have. After a tough dating year in 2012, I’d like to step away from dating for a bit and focus on people who will always have my back.
Since girl power is flowing through my veins, it’s time to finally share my 2013 goals!
Goals for 2013
- Spend more quality time with my friends and family: I do this a lot already, but I want to do it even more and go more places with them.
- Focus on eating as clean as possible: I eat clean for the majority of the day, but I would really love to eliminate more processed foods and boost my intake in veggies.
- Eat more structured dinners: I typically eat my larger meals during breakfast and lunch, and by the time dinner comes around after a day at work, I’m not really in the mood to cook something large. I usually stick to a protein shake, oatmeal or a Quest Bar with PB on it, but wind up snacking after. My goal is to experiment with dinners and eating patterns, and stick with what works best.
- Prep healthy meals: I’ve always been inspired by those that take several hours from their Sunday to prep meals for the week. Hopefully you’ll be seeing a lot of this on the blog in the future! Such a great way to always have healthy meals on hand when you’re in a pinch or too lazy to cook!
- Travel: I have a lot of plans to travel this year to visit my friends from afar. Brian in Los Angeles, Viss & Kate in San Diego, and Betsy, Morgdizzle and Charlie in Iowa. Hopefully a little travel outside of the U.S too, but that might have to wait until 2014. I miss those friends dearly and they’re more important for me to see!
- Tone up and shed fat: You’ve seen my workouts on here before, and with all the hard work I put in to working out, I definitely don’t have the body I’d love to have. Don’t get me wrong, I’m very comfortable in my body and love who I am, but I’d love to lose a little bit of body fat and see some abs!
- Run more races and challenge myself: My goal is to run at least 3 5k’s and my very first 10K. For the past 2 years, I’ve always been interested in running in The Dempsey Challenge 10k, but have never been trained enough to run a 10k. This year I plan to start training early and fundraise early. Helllllo, if I raise enough I get to meet Patrick Dempsey!
- Meet Patrick Dempsey: See above. Duh
- Don’t drool when I meet Patrick Dempsey: I’ll fail at this one, but worth a shot!
- Try new things: Whether it’s related to food, activities or experiences, I want 2013 to be full of new, exciting and terrifying experiences. It’s all about getting out of your comfort zone!
- Don’t take love or anyone for granted: I learned my lesson on this with Rob, and while it wasn’t the reason our love didn’t last, I know that had we both not taken each other or our love for granted, our future could have turned out a little differently.
- Move out and get an apartment/condo: Either with Allie and Kris, or by myself. Time to grow up.
- Watch this blog grow: I want to meet bloggers, attend conferences, reap the benefits of writing and blogging about fitness and eating clean, and hopefully watch my blog grow! I’m hoping it’ll be a great year for Running on Peanut Butter!
And most importantly, and one that doesn’t need any explaining,
- BE HAPPY
Questions: Do you have any similar goals for 2013?