Today wasn’t as jam packed. Upon waking up, I spent the first hour lounging on the couch watching the last 2 episode of Parks & Recreation. I used to wake up and go running right away, mainly because I wanted to get my run in as soon as possible so my ex and I could have the entire Saturday and Sunday together. It’s nice to be able to veg for a bit, allowing my body to wake up before hitting the pavement.
I ended up going for a 4 mile run, 20 minutes of weights and also P90X Plymometrics. I felt gooooood after that
pathetic crazy workout.
I enjoyed a Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana protein shake and half a bowl of Raspberry Mango Overnight Oats before cleaning the bathrooms and bagging our clothes that we were donating to the victims of Hurricane Sandy.
After labeling 4 bags of clothing, I jumped in the car with my parents and Kipper and headed out to the neighboring town to head to the Fire Department to drop the bags off. My Dad was a little disappointed when only one firefighter came out. He’s trying VERY hard to find me a man. He even yelled my phone number out the window as we drove away.
After getting back, I hit GNC to browse the shelves, before I visited Natural Market near my house to stock up on nuts and tea.
So many nuts! I ended up going for my favorite and luckily least expensive bin, which were the Deluxe Mixed Nuts.
Caution: These are highly addicting! I’m hoping my bag doesn’t disappear before Wednesday otherwise I might need an intervention. The TV segment will read, True Story: I’m Addicted to Nuts. If that doesn’t grab your attention, I’m not sure what will!
How DELICIOUS sounding are these teas?! Yes, they’re tea and not hot chocolate! At $.37 a packet, I couldn’t resist buying all the indulgent flavors. I also bought a detox tea, but that tasted like pure ass and after half the mug, I gave up.
For dinner, I experimented with my 2-ingredient pancake and came up with an even better pancake. The 3-ingredient pancake that will be dubbed the Coconut Banana Pancake.
Coconut Banana Pancake
- 1 egg and 1 egg white
- 1/2 a mashed banana
- 1 TBSP coconut flour
- Heat a burner on the stove, and spray a pan with your desired spray or butter
- With the banana still in the peel, squish it. The peel will burst open and put your desire amount of banana into a bowl. I find that half the banana works perfectly.
- Mix 1 egg and 1 egg white into the banana mixture, and blend together.
- Add 1 TBSP of coconut flour to the mixture and continue mixing to the desired consistency and pour the batter into the pan.
- When the bottom of the pancake has browned to your liking, usually 2-3 minutes, flip over for another minute.
- Top with your favorite toppings and dig in!
You’re welcome! 🙂