Tonight I created a healthy spin on one of my favorite childhood meals; chicken nuggets. Or chix nugs as we used to refer to them as little drunk college kids.
For my healthy chix nugs, I only needed 3 ingredients.
- Chicken Breasts
- Egg whites
- Wheat Germ
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a tray with tin foil
- Spread wheat germ on a plate, as much as needed
- Crack an egg; dispose of yolk and put egg white into a bowl – I needed 2 egg whites
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces and dip each piece into the egg white mixture, and then roll the chicken pieces into the wheat germ
- Place all chicken pieces onto the tray
- Bake for 25 minutes, and flip over when 10 minutes remain
Dunk in ketchup and enjoy!