You know what makes waking up at 5:35 am enjoyable? A sore throat, that’s what! Oh the lovely change of the seasons has hit me and cast a spell over me. In good news, my crappy Tuesday is in the past and I’m ready to tackle this rainy Fall Wednesday.
When it comes to your body feeling the pain after a tough workout, are you guys more of a 1 day-er or a 2 day-er? My body used to feel the burn of a good workout the next day, but lately I’ve transformed into the 2 day-er. My butt definitely is feeling the burn today, so I expect my upper body to reap the pain tomorrow.
You know what they say. No pain no gain! As much as I don’t enjoy certain parts of my body being sore, it just goes to show that hard work will pay off and that my body is getting stronger.
- 3.5 mile run
- 1 minute plank
- 2 sets of 15 stair push-ups
- 2 sets of 20 rock climbers
- 13 medicine ball lumberjack squats, each side
It’s crazy how eating healthier meals and a new day can make you feel. Lately I’ve been so busy and have lacked the motivation to make a lasting dinner, but last nights’ eggs & toasts gave me a new-found obsession with making heartier meals.
This morning I stuck with my protein shake that looked like liquid chalk, appetizing I know, but I’ve been doing my Instagram and fitness magazine research and have found quite a few new meals and snacks I see in my future!
Do you guys get excited over finding a new recipe that you cannot wait to make?
The meals I’m very anxious to try include:
- PB Fingers Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
- Fage Greek yogurt with vanilla protein, chia seeds, blueberries & cinnamon
- Protein Pancakes – 4 egg whites, 1 ½ scoops vanilla protein powder & blueberries
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes (Fitness Magazine) – 1 ½ cups soy milk, 1 cup rolled oats, 2 bananas chopped, ½ cup all-purpose flour , 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
I have a damn good feeling that tonight’s dinner will revolve around pumpkin protein pancakes. Is it dinner time yet?!