Last night after work I headed over to the gym to do a light run before spinning in hopes of waking up my tired and sore legs. I started with a light run and picked up my pace, and finished after 2 miles, although it was quite the struggle.
My treadmill workout started with a .10 warm-up walk, followed by a 1.5 mile run, a short .15 mile walk, and then finished up with .5 mile run and a .25 mile cool down. My legs were still hurting, and I didn’t want to overdo it, so I passed on spinning and went to work on the lovely core.
- Warm up and 2 mile run, .5 mile walk
- LOTS o’ stretching! The butterfly felt amazing
- 50 dumbbell sit-ups, 12 lb. dumbbell (couldn’t find my trusty medicine ball!)
- 20 dumbbell oblique sit-ups
I came home to a beautiful spaghetti squash, so I excitedly got to prepping it so I could make a delicious dinner. I wasn’t extremely hungry but I did want to try my masterpiece, so I topped about a cup of spaghetti squash with salsa and parm cheese and dug in. Verdict: Heaven in my mouth.
This mornings run was another tough one, but my legs are finally starting to feel like normal again. I’m even considering taking the boxing boot camp class tonight since I skipped out on spinning last night. It’s still up in the air, so don’t hold me to anything! Usually on Fridays we leave work early so it also depends on that.
- 3.2 mile run, with post-run stretching
- 50 crunches
- 1 minute plank
- 50 side to side crunches
- 25 reverse crunches
- 1 set of 15 stair push-ups… I JUST realized as I’m typing this I forgot to do my 2nd set
- 2 sets of 13 weighted standing side crunches, 8 lb dumbbells
- 2 sets of 13 dead lifts into an upward row, 8 lb dumbbells