So I survived my first session at Gold’s Gym. I was a little nervous at first, but once I found my treadmill, I was in my running element. The only downside was that I was on a treadmill without a fan, which I’m not used to, so I had sweat running rivers down my face, arms, and chest. After a quick 2 miles with the last .5 miles running HIIT, I hit the rowing machine for 5 minutes. Holy hell was that a workout! I quickly hopped on the Stair Master for a quick 3 minutes before I had to run back across the street and shower and get back to work.
After my first day, my thoughts were:
- Not enough cardio machines, namely treadmills
- Not as many delicious men as I was expecting
- I was just a litttttle put off by the man wearing tight spandex with a possible, ahemmm, you know, rhymes with loner. Come on dude! Seriously?! Put real shorts on and leave the spandex shorts to the chickies.
After I got home, I scrummaged through my purse to find my 20% off coupon for Sports Authority in hopes that they’d have the Saucony shoe in stock. Of course they didn’t, but I did leave with a new pair of Nikes! They were on sale for $59.99 and my coupon ended up being 25%, so I left with new shoes for $45. What a steal! If you know me, I love my coupons, bargains and running shoes.
After coming home, I proceeded to bake these protein muffins I found earlier today on my favorite blog, Peanut Butter Fingers.
Merri’s Protein-Packed Breakfast Cake
- 2 packets of banana bread oatmeal
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 6 tbsp Splenda or sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon (sprinkle on top before baking as well)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients and bake in oven in a 9×9 pan or make individual servings in a muffin pan for approximately 20 minutes.
The verdict: Extremely good! A little small, they didn’t puff up like I expected them to like oatmeal, and they were a little rubbery, but I’m definitely going to make these again and alter it somehow to hopefully make it a little fluffier.
Now time to watch a little TV and respond to a few emails before heading up to read. Goodnight lovelies!